Your Naginata was handed to you by your master, many years ago. It was a bittersweet moment for you, because while it meant you overcome all obstacles in your training, it also meant it was time to set out on your own.
You find the soft leather along the handle comforting, your hand finding its usual well-worn grip. You look beyond the campfire where a fresh fish now cooks, sizzling in the heat, looking to the flickering shadows along the treeline. You have the sense that tonight you and your spear may once again be tested as you hear the unmistakable snap of a twig, your grip tightening in anticipation.
Epic Armoury’s Spear Naginata is a 180 cm latex polearm inspired by the samurai of traditional Japan. The Spear Naginata’s 60 cm single-edged blade is attached to a split-leather wrapped pole, allowing you to stab, slash, and parry with alacrity. A large oval crossguard adds to the Asian design, along with a matching pommel handpainted to look like metal.
Made from durable closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, you can feel confident that your LARP weapon will provide the safety and appeal you want when crafting your Asian-inspired kit.
Available in Gold, Silver, and Copper.
- A form of the spear has been used for hunting for at least 400,000 years
- Spears were the most common form of weaponry during the Stone Age, and remained popular until firearms were introduced
- This particular design is similar to a naginata, a Japanese weapon that included a single-edged blade attached to the end of a pole
- Strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated weapons need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex weapons flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapons in a cool, dry environment.