The enemy’s front line is impenetrable thanks to their shield wall. Fighting has become a stalemate, both sides pushing, but neither able to gain even an inch. That’s when they call for you and your legendary Dane Axe.
You arrive to the front amongst soldiers that are exhausted and bloody, who regain their energy when they see you at their side. With a fell swoop your axe cuts across the enemy line, beyond their shields and into their ranks.
The tides of battle begin to turn in your favor.
Epic Armoury’s Dane Axe is a deadly 150 cm two-handed axe fit for swift viking raids and ideal for breaking up shield-walls and battle formations. It has a 22 cm long axe-blade with a 20 cm edge. The head is made of soft foam, reinforced with a harder foam core. It attaches to the wood textured shaft which is handpainted to look like real wood grain.
Made from durable closed cell foam around a solid fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, you can feel confident that your LARP weapon will provide the safety and appeal you want when crafting your battlefield kit.
- Primarily used in the 10th-11th centuries, spreading from Scandinavia to England, Ireland and Normandy
- Eventually was replaced with the poleaxe during the 15th century
- First hafted axe was created about 6,000 B.C. using birch-tar and raw-hide lashings to fix the blade to its handle
- Many battle axes doubled as tools and were cheaper to make than swords
- Strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated weapons need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex weapons flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapons in a cool, dry environment.