BEWARE THE WOODSMAN FOR HE STALKS THESE LANDS
Epic Armoury Woodsman Throwing Axe is a latex throwing weapon inspired by the throwing axes of the early migration period. The fearsome Frankish tribesmen were known for breaking the lines of the Roman legions by throwing these heavy-headed axes, splitting the legionaries’ shields to devastating effect. Epic Armoury’s version has a heavy one-edged blade shaped to look like a mundane garden-variety wood-grain decorated woodsman axe.
The Woodsman Throwing Axe is a throwing weapon with a flexible core that gives it heft and makes it capable to be used as a proper throwing axe, which is made from durable closed cell foam and finished with a strong latex coating, you can feel confident that your LARP weapon will provide the safety and appeal you want when crafting your kit.
- Historically used by the fearsome Frankish tribesmen against the Roman legions
- Heavy-headed axes would be thrown against the Romans, splitting shields and breaking their lines
- First hafted axe was created about 6,000 B.C. using birch-tar and raw-hide lashings to fix the blade to its handle
- Strong latex coating
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated weapons need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex weapons flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapons in a cool, dry environment.