For when you must crush your enemies and see them driven before you, you choose the War Mallet from your armoury. With such strength behind your attacks, no one can stand against you on the battlefield--not even the most heavily armoured knight.
For all its simplicity, the War Mallet may actually be your favourite weapon. It’s rare you ever choose anything else.
Epic Armoury’s War Mallet is a 101 cm latex warhammer uniquely designed to be safer and easier to wield in combat. The War Mallet’s head is symmetrical, reaching 20 cm from the haft with two 20 cm diameter faces designed to deliver a fatal blow to your enemies. The head is hollow, making it safer to use and more lightweight than a foam alternative. Sculpted and handpainted to look like a heavy wood mallet, the head is attached to a dark wood-coloured haft 75 cm long.
The haft is made from durable closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating. The head is made of strong, flexible latex with an interior foam rod to maintain its shape and keep the head attached to the haft. With regular latex maintenance you can feel confident that your LARP weapon will provide the safety and appeal you want when crafting your kit.
- A late medieval weapon designed to damage armoured opponents without penetrating through plate
- Long warhammers were typically designed to fight against mounted troops, whereas shorter ones were used in close quarters
- Long warhammers were also used to attack horse’s legs during combat
- Strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Hollow head makes the design lightweight and safe to wield
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated weapons need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex weapons flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapons in a cool, dry environment.