You admire the Viking Sword that belonged to your father. The great warrior sailed his last voyage, but your brethren still managed to bring back his weapon specially for you. For that, at least, you are grateful.
Looking down upon the sharpened, freshly cleaned steel, you wonder what this sword has seen. Carried on countless travels, this sword may have shed blood raiding the English coast, been tarnished under the sun of Spain, and been drawn in defense of Miklagard.
One day you will add to its story.
The Viking Sword is a weapon of status wielded by free men and proud warriors of skill and valour. The 100 cm long sword has a 85 cm fullered blade designed to be lightweight while maintaining its structural stability. The handle is detailed and 10 cm long, cast and painted to look like realistic leather wrapped around a carved hilt and pommel.
Whether you are a Viking or Celtic warrior, this Viking Sword is our highest quality gear due to its impressive durability and detail. The blade is made from closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, while the handle is a polyurethane foam cast that allows for greater detail and no maintenance. This hybrid model sword will make you confident in the safety and appeal of your weapon on the battlefield.
- Originally a Frankish design
- Most swords of this design found in Scandinavia were imported or looted from the Frankish Empire
- Also referred to as a “Norman Sword”
- Gave rise to the Knightly Sword in the 11th to 12th centuries
- A fuller, or the groove that runs the length of the blade, was added to weapons to lighten the blade while adding structural strength
- Blade has a strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Blade is made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is a polyurethane foam cast, giving it more detail with no maintenance!
- Handle is very durable, will last longer than a latex version, and is less slippery than a silicone treated alternative
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
This hybrid weapon’s handle does not require any special maintenance, while the blade has a latex coating which needs a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis, taking care not to apply the spray to the handle by first wrapping it in plastic-wrap. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your weapon flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapon in a cool, dry environment.