Make it Your Own
Epic Armoury’s Uncoated Viking Shield is an 80 cm round latex shield perfect for your DIY LARP projects. Starting from a blank slate, this shield is sure to impress your fellow warriors when painted in your character’s own colours. The simple wooden texture on the shield is both simple and offers a great canvas to create your own custom insignia and emblems. Its slight convex shape and iron boss on the front also provides an extra edge in combat.
Enjoy your own creativity and unique style with a shield base that is built to be safe and withstand the continued abuse of LARP. The Viking Shield features a reinforced and comfortable 13.5 cm punch-grip, and is made from hard EVA foam. Defend against your enemies and make this Viking Shield a part of your epic fighting.
How to Paint on Our Unpainted Variants:
Paint the shield using paint specifically designed for EVA foam. When the paint is completely dry, coat the shield using clear latex. Dip the shield or apply using a brush to create a very thin layer. Clear latex is also available in our shop!
The Viking Shield
- Inspired by early pre-10th century Vikings and Saxons
- Iron rims were sometimes used as a way to reinforce the shield
- The Shield Boss--the round, convex piece of material at the centre of the shield--was used to deflect blows
- Round wooden style was predominantly used in the early European Middle Ages using light, non-splintering wood such as linden, fir, alder or poplar
- Strong latex coating on hard EVA foam, which does not flex in combat
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is made of EVA foam and soft leather for a firm grip
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated products need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex shield in a cool, dry environment. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your shield from adhering to other products.