STAND FAST MY BATTLEBROTHERS FROM THE NORTH!
The Jarl has called the Great Moot, gathering the clans. From all over, your countrymen have gathered on the storied island to hear the words of their greatest warrior-king.
You have joined them, packing lightly, knowing the sea will give you the bounty you need. For the wind, rain, and cold, you need only your oilskins, beard and your durable Viking Shield. Unlike the others with their pretentious engravings and bold emblems, you choose a more muted route, carrying your family crest with you and making sure that it will defend you. The shield has served you for years, and will serve you until your final moment of glory upon the battlefield.
Epic Armoury’s Viking Shield is an 80 cm round latex shield inspired by early pre-10th century Vikings and Saxons. With both a wooden and smooth textured face and an iron paint finish, this shield is sure to impress your fellow warriors on the battlefield paired with a Viking Axe. Its slight convex shape and iron boss on the front provides an edge in combat. The simple wooden texture on the shield is both simple and offers a great canvas to create your own custom insignia and emblems.
Featuring a reliable and comfortable punch-grip, feel confident that this hard EVA foam and latex shield will withstand the continued abuse of a LARP with regular latex maintenance. Defend against your enemies and make this Viking Shield a part of your epic fighting style.
- Iron rims were sometimes used as a way to reinforce the shield
- The Shield Boss--the round, convex piece of material at the centre of the shield--was used to deflect blows
- Round wooden style was predominantly used in the early European Middle Ages using light, non-splintering wood such as linden, fir, alder or poplar
- Strong latex coating on hard EVA foam, which does not flex in combat
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is made of EVA foam and soft leather for a firm grip
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated products need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex shield in a cool, dry environment. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your shield from adhering to other products.