You look upon your leading officer as he makes his way down the line of your fellow soldiers. Your fate and the fate of your entire unit is dependent on this veteran’s word, and you find yourself relieved not to shoulder such a heavy burden.
“We must fight!” your officer shouts for all to hear. You adjust your Warrior Upper Leg Protection, double checking the buckles as you listen to him continue. “For our homes and for our families, we will fight until we can fight no more!” With a resounding cheer, your fellow soldiers ready themselves for the charge. You withdraw your weapon, eager and afraid all at once.
The battle has begun.
Epic Armoury’s Warrior Upper Leg armour are tassets designed to protect the thigh and groin. The style is late medieval with rolled edged metal plates overlapping each other. Two sets of steel plates hang from the hips to cover the outer thighs. A third set of slimmer plates cover the groin area and provide some protection to the inner thighs. The set comes with a leather belt with suspenders to keep the piece in place.
The Warrior Upper Leg tassets are neutral in style and fully usable with other Epic Armoury metal products, giving you the freedom to customize your character’s costume. Made of 1 mm thick mild steel and top-grain leather straps and fittings, this armour piece is built to withstand the abuse of a LARP or reenactment with regular leather and metal armour care.
Available in sizes Small/Medium and Large/X-Large.
- Plate armour became more popular as firearm technology became more prevalent during the 13th century
- Historically designed with sculpted ridges and overlapping plates to provide reinforced protection and to deflect attacks on a chaotic battlefield
- Made from 1mm/19 gauge thick mild steel
- Rolled edges with no sharp edges
- Straps and fittings made from top-grain leather
- Hand made, welded pieces for maximum durability
- Polished steel finish