Oh no, you think, as a sword and a helmet are thrust into your farm-calloused hands. You’ve never been trained as a soldier, let alone asked to fight on a dangerous battlefield!
But here you are, suddenly standing in a row of your neighbors with your helmet secured over a padded Undercap. You await the advancing orc raid headed for your farms and your town, and you just hope that somehow you’ll make it through. At least your helmet feels solid on your head. That’s something to be thankful for, at least...right?
Epic Armoury’s Undercap is a padded hood that fits over the head and ears comfortably. Made from quilted cotton canvas lined with a soft polyester interior and a medium cotton outer layer, this padding can be worn on its own or as padding beneath a heavy steel or leather helmet.
The Undercap is stitched to ensure the padding will remain evenly spaced. Secure it to your head by tying the cotton cords under the chin. With its neutral style, the Undercap will work on a wide variety of characters. Match it with other Epic Armoury armours and clothes to fit your unique style!
Available in colours Desert Beige and Epic Black; and in One Size.
- Used as padding under chainmail or plate armour
- Historically, a high-medieval European gambeson was recorded as being capable of stopping sword blows from penetrating the skin
- Could stop heavy arrows and mace and axe impacts with the addition of overlaying chainmail
- Affordable, personalized costume interchangeable with all other Epic Armoury gear
- 100% natural materials
- Made from fabrics manufactured locally
- Handmade by qualified professional. Measurements are approximations and may vary.
This medium cotton product is soft to the touch, but heavier than light cotton. This material wrinkles easily, but can be ironed on a medium heat level.
Machine wash at 40°C / 104°F. Please make sure to wash it once before use in order to make sure that remaining dye will be removed from the product. It is advised to wash with similar coloured clothes to reduce the risk of dye imprint. Tumble dry on low heat, but be aware that it might shrink up to 5%. For general stains or discoloration, treat with a commercial fabric cleaner, or blot with tepid water and a soft cloth.