Loyalty Will be Rewarded
Epic Armoury’s White/Wood Thegn Shield is a 70 cm round latex shield ideal for raids and offensive fighting. Claim new lands in the name of your king or queen, bringing great renown to their reign--and reinforcing their belief in your unyielding loyalty. Inspired by early Vikings and Saxons, this Live Action Role Play (LARP) safe shield is carved from EVA foam to look like true wood trimmed with vegan leather. Coated in a layer of durable latex, it features a wood grain texture on both the front and back. This attention to detail makes this shield truly unique and perfect for a fully immersive look. Even small sculpted nails appear to be hammered into the braces!
This shield has been hand painted to look like natural wood with white-washed diagonal squares. The paint has been artistically done to appear worn and aged, perfect for your gritty fantasy game or on the television screen. Its slight convex shape and the metallic-painted boss on the front provides an edge in combat, and its reliable punch-grip fits comfortably in your hand thanks to its suede wrap and shape. Keep your shield in great condition with regular latex maintenance.
Available in 70 cm and 80 cm sizes.
In the Service of the King
- Thegn is the Old English word for ‘servant,’ and was used to describe a class of noblemen below the king
- Thegn was also previously used to describe a soldier under the king’s service
- The Shield Boss--the round, convex piece of material at the centre of the shield--was used to deflect blows
- Round wooden style was predominantly used in the early European Middle Ages using light, non-splintering wood such as linden, fir, alder or poplar
- Strong latex coating on hard EVA foam, which does not flex in combat
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is made of EVA foam and pleather for a firm grip
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated products need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex shield in a cool, dry environment. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your shield from adhering to other products.