You fight for your king, your god, and your country. The fools who believe in change--in the distribution of power to those undeserving and inexperienced--shall know your sharp wit and even sharper Swashbuckler cutlass.
While you might not dream of soiling your best outfit in battle, you don the appropriate finery and mount your steed. Raising your sword high, you encourage your fellows onward into the fray.
The Swashbuckler Hybrid cutlass is a medium cutlass inspired by naval swords. The sword is 71 cm long and has a 52 cm curved blade that widens toward the end, designed to chop and slice when in a fight against the Parliamentarians. The detailed handle--with its curved crossguard and spherical pommel--features a handpainted finish that looks like aged iron. The 10 cm grip is cast and painted to look like wood and is ergonomically shaped, with a loop attached to the crossguard for the index finger. This grip gives you more accuracy when wielding the Swashbuckler cutlass and looks incredibly realistic.
The blade is made from closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, while the handle is a polyurethane foam cast that allows for greater detail and no maintenance. This hybrid model sword will make you confident in the safety and appeal of your weapon on the battlefield.
- Traditionally used with a trident dagger, pistol or a belaying pin
- Commonly used as a naval weapon, it was designed to effectively slash enemies
- Blade has a strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Blade is made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is a polyurethane foam cast, giving it more detail with no maintenance!
- Handle is very durable, will last longer than a latex version, and is less slippery than a silicone treated alternative
- Handle is wrapped in leather for comfort, requiring some maintenance
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
This hybrid weapon’s polyurethane handle does not require any special maintenance.
Latex Blade Care
This LARP weapon’s blade has a latex coating which needs a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis, taking care not to apply the spray to the handle by first wrapping it in plastic-wrap. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your weapon flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapon in a cool, dry environment.