As a squire, you are up before dawn serving your Master. You are expected to have your Master’s armour polished and ready at a moment’s notice. There isn’t a moment to yourself that isn’t being spent thinking about your work. Without your Master’s blessing, you’ll never become a Knight.
Only sparingly do you have the opportunity to train your actual knightly skills, however. What personal weapon you own, a single Squire Sword, is easy enough for you to wield as you practice your cuts. One day you will be a fearsome knight. For now, you must continue to work hard.
Epic Armoury’s Squire Sword is a short latex-hybrid sword inspired by European medieval sidearms. The sword is 100 cm long and has a 85 cm straight double-edged blade with a central ridge. The crossguard curves toward the blade to trap incoming strikes, protecting a 10 cm detailed grip--cast and painted to look like real wood with metal embellishments.
Whether you are a squire training to become a knight or a common European soldier, this Squire Sword is our highest quality gear due to its impressive durability and detail. The blade is made from closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, while the handle is a polyurethane foam cast that allows for greater detail and no maintenance. This hybrid model sword will make you confident in the safety and appeal of your weapon on the battlefield.
- Commonly referred to as a broadsword, which is actually a historically incorrect term
- Inspired by the two-handed longsword of the late medieval and Renaissance era, but with a slightly shorter blade
- Blade has a strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Blade is made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is a polyurethane foam cast, giving it more detail with no maintenance!
- Handle is very durable, will last longer than a latex version, and is less slippery than a silicone treated alternative
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
This hybrid weapon’s handle does not require any special maintenance, while the blade has a latex coating which needs a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis, taking care not to apply the spray to the handle by first wrapping it in plastic-wrap. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your weapon flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapon in a cool, dry environment.