STAND FAST AND DEPLOY HALBARDS!
Epic Armoury’s Soldier's Halberd is a 190 cm latex poleaxe inspired by a weapon used during the late medieval period. The Halberd’s axe-like head has a 36 cm blade for chopping, a long spear for piercing, and a claw-like spike for grappling. The axe-head is specially reinforced to make the weapon durable and versatile. Handpainted and sculpted to appear realistic, detailed metal and bolts run along the pole, with a sheen that makes it appear like polished steel.
Made from durable closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, you can feel confident that your LARP weapon will provide the safety and appeal you want when crafting your kit.
- Prominent during the 14th- and 15th centuries
- Term comes from the German words Halm (staff) and Barte (axe)
- Typically designed to keep mounted troops at a distance, but was considered versatile
- Spikes were added to the hammer’s head to grapple mounted opponents
- Strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated weapons need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex weapons flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapons in a cool, dry environment.