Some consider you crazed. Perhaps you are not in your right mind, but then--who cares? No one dares to insult you to your face. You are too powerful. Too frightening.
With your Dark Elven Shadow Blade, you are a deadly and respected figure in the underground community. When you pass by, all pause and hold their breath.
Epic Armoury’s Dark Elven Shadow Blade is a latex-hybrid chopping medium sword for the cruel Dark Elf or roguish villain. The sword is 85 cm long from tip to pommel, with a curved single-edged blade. The detailed crossguard features gold accents and a sculpted grip, allowing optimal maneuverability and comfort for the hand. The handle is cast and painted to look like a blackened bone, while the elegant and deadly blade is painted a metallic black.
With a dark, dangerous appearance, this Dark Elven Shadow Blade is our highest quality gear due to its impressive durability and detail. The blade is made from closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, while the handle is a polyurethane foam cast that allows for greater detail and no maintenance. This hybrid model sword will make you confident in the safety and appeal of your weapon on the battlefield.
- Inspired by the Shamshir or Scimitar weapons of the middle east
- Dark elves were first mentioned in Norse mythology as the “Dökkálfar” or “Svartálfar” written in the Prose Edda in the 13th century
- Have also been referred to as “Drow” in the Dungeons & Dragons universe, made famous by R.A. Salvatore’s The Dark Elf Trilogy
- Blade has a strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Blade is made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is a polyurethane foam cast, giving it more detail with no maintenance!
- Handle is very durable, will last longer than a latex version, and is less slippery than a silicone treated alternative
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
This hybrid weapon’s handle does not require any special maintenance, while the blade has a latex coating which needs a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis, taking care not to apply the spray to the handle by first wrapping it in plastic-wrap. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your weapon flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapon in a cool, dry environment.