IT ALWAYS PAYS TO HAVE A SPARE WEAPON
Epic Armoury’s Seax knife is a very utilitarian knife, with a flat single edged, 38 CM blade ending in a very sharp tip. It has no cross-guard, but does have a fine coreless pommel, that has a very form fitting hand grip that is very akin to modern kitchen knives. The, relatively, simple design of the Seax makes it a weapon that is perfect as secondary for any number of LARP characters, simple but effective without drawing much attention to itself. Incidentally, it also lets the Seax live up to its name, which is the old English word for knife. Made from durable closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, you can feel confident that your LARP weapon will provide the safety and appeal you want.
- Heavily Inspired by knife and weapon designs from old anglo-saxon ideas and archeological findings
- Seax was a blanket term to describe knives, both as tools and weapons, from the early middle ages
- Typically seaxs were double bladed, but single bladed designs did exist and it would be some of the most common designs that would carry the designation Seax.
- Strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated weapons need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex weapons flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapons in a cool, dry environment.