NEVER RISK YOUR NECK
Designed to add comfort and protection beneath your Epic Armoury Scout Shoulders, this Scout Shoulder Gambeson is a must have when you venture into battle. Made from quilted cotton encasement and lined with a soft polyester interior, this product has a stitching that ensures the padding remaining evenly spaced. Secure it around your neck by tying the cotton strings in front and wear it just on its own or as padding beneath any heavy steel or leather armour. Quilted armour was common through many cultures and time periods, and with its interchangeable style and affordable price, the Scout Shoulder Gambeson will work on a wide variety of LARP characters. Available in two different colour combinations and sizes S-M, L-XL & XXL-3XL.
- Quilted armours have been around since at least 400 BCE
- Used as padding under chainmail or plate armour
- Historically, a high-medieval European gambeson was recorded as being capable of stopping sword blows from penetrating the skin
- Could stop heavy arrows and mace and axe impacts with the addition of overlaying chainmail
- Specific style often worn by freemen, mercenaries, and other independent warriors
- Made of 100% cotton
- This fabric is called casement; a semi light version of canvas but with a plain weave.
- Padding is made from polyester
- Cotton tie strings in front and on shoulders
Handwash only and do not tumble dry! Please make sure to wash this product once before use in order to make sure that remaining dye will be removed from the product. For general stains or discoloration, treat with a commercial fabric cleaner, or blot with lukewarm water and a soft cloth.