As one of the warriors of your Viking tribe, you travel frequently. It’s a hard life and one that is not kind to the weak. If you cannot keep up you will be left behind.
Your many travels require armour designed to last. You rely on such pieces as your RFB Viking Greaves to keep you going strong! Along with your sword, sturdy shoes and your skill, you expect that you may please the gods in many battles. You certainly have the warrior’s instinct.
DETAILSEpic Armoury’s Ready-for-Battle Viking Greaves are fancy leather greaves designed to protect the calves. The armour is constructed from leather straps cut from chrome-tanned, split leather, and weaved together to create a beautiful design. The armour is secured to the leg by sturdy leather straps and brass buckles.
The Viking Greaves are hemmed with additional soft split leather to keep the armour from deforming with excessive wear. This armour matches our Viking Armour and Bracers, but has a distinct, neutral style that will fit with almost any combination of costuming for your first adventure.
Available in Black and Brown, and size Medium.
- Inspired by lamellar armour worn by the Vikings, which would have included small iron plates
- Historically, using only leather as armour is factually inconclusive--most Viking wore ordinary clothing and used a shield as protection
- Made from an extremely durable treated leather
- Straps and fittings made from a durable and flexible treated leather
- Stitching around edges strengthen structural stability and increase lifetime
- Colours dyed into material
- Handmade by qualified professionals. Measurements are approximations.
Natural leather products are very durable, but require regular maintenance with leather care products to stay flexible and to increase life-time. Make sure your leather products are kept dry when stored. Let wet leather dry naturally before treating. If frequently wet and dry, increase frequency of maintenance.
Clean by removing dried dirt with a brush designed for suede, then gently rub with a clean, damp cloth until the leather appears clean. Use a dry cloth to wipe away any remaining water from the leather.
Treat the leather yearly with oil designed for suede with a clean cloth, gently rubbing a small amount of oil or polish in circles into the leather. Allow the leather to soak in the oil before wiping the leather with a final clean cloth to remove any excess residue.