The horde surges forward, but they will break their teeth on your walls. They prepare for siege, but your archers and fire blossoms will cut them where they stand. Even if they gain the walls, the blade of your ancestors, the RFB Tai, will stop them.
The blade has been handed down generation after generation. Now it rests in your sheath, eagerly awaiting a chance to be bathed in the blood of your enemies below.
This Ready For Battle Tai sword is a sturdy double-edged chopping blade with a v-shaped crossguard. The sword is 75 cm long and has a blade with a central ridge. The detailed crossguard protects an ergonomic handle sculpted and painted to look like leather for an optimal grip. The handle is shaped to fit comfortably in the hand, and ends in a pommel to match the sword’s overall design.
Whether you are a new player looking for a weapon or need to round off a costume with an additional weapon, this Ready For Battle Tai is quality gear with great durability at a great price. The blade is made from closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, while the handle is a polyurethane foam cast that allows for greater detail and no maintenance. This hybrid model sword will make you confident in the safety and appeal of your weapon on the battlefield.
- Commonly referred to as a “broadsword,” which is actually a historically incorrect term
- Similar to a jian sword, which was used for the last 2,500 years in China
- Blade has a strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Blade is made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is a polyurethane foam cast, giving it more detail with no maintenance!
- Handle is very durable, will last longer than a latex version, and is less slippery than a silicone treated alternative
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
This hybrid weapon’s handle does not require any special maintenance, while the blade has a latex coating which needs a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis, taking care not to apply the spray to the handle by first wrapping it in plastic-wrap. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your weapon flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapon in a cool, dry environment.