You assume the bandits are going to kill you when they realize no one is going to pay an Adventurer’s ransom, but for now they leave you tied up in the cellar of an old farmhouse. They took your weapon. Worst of all they took your pride...but they did not take your uncanny ability to wiggle out of ropes!
Free at last, you scan the old cellar for something useful. That’s when you spot a Kite Shield in the corner. The dust suggests that it’s been there for a while, but upon inspection you can see that the wood and metal rim are still good. The grip is solid in your hand and for the first time you have a small hope that with this added defense you might be able to muscle your way out of this situation after all!
Epic Armoury’s Uncoated RFB Kite Shield is a semi-curved, kite-shield inspired by 10th to 12th century Normans. This 60 cm long shield arrives in plain black, carved with a rim detailed to look like metal with studs. While the design is simple, this Kite Shield is timeless and classic, and is sold without colors or latex coating for your do-it-yourself project. It arrives matte, uncolored, and undecorated, so that you might add whatever detailing you wish!
Wear this Kite Shield either left-handed or right-handed with the use of two canvas arm straps on the back, and feel confident that this hard EVA foam shield will withstand the continued abuse of a LARP with regular latex maintenance
- Also referred to as a “kite” shield, originally from the 10th-12th centuries
- Associated with the Normans, who were the first to use this style of shield widely
- Made from non-splintering wood such as alder, fir, poplar, or linden
- Material: Foam, Latex, Canvas
- Weight (g): 710
- Length (cm): 60
- Width (cm): 40
- Grip length (cm): 32
- Grip width (cm): 16
- Color: Unpainted
- Brand: Epic Armoury, Iron Fortress
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is made of hard EVA foam and canvas straps for a firm grip
- High safety, approved by top organizations
All latex-coated products need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex shield in a cool, dry environment. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your shield from adhering to other products.
* Measurements are approximations and may vary slightly
* Color may differ slightly from the pictures