Your Knight’s Code is one of valor, truth, and courage. You are tasked with defending the innocent and the weak, and today your oath is being tested. Outside of town there has been a bandit attack on a merchant and his family, and it’s up to you to rescue them.
Your squire straps your Kite Shield tight onto your arm over the weight of your chainmail, and with a prayer to your God you and your small unit strike out onto the road. The sword upon your shield is a reminder that you are a weapon of justice.
Criminals be warned.
This Ready-For-Battle Kite Shield is a semi-curved, kite-shield inspired by 10th to 12th century Normans. Finished with a golden sword heraldry and golden rim, this shield will fit perfectly in the hands of a knight or infantryman. While the design is simple, this Kite Shield is timeless and classic, and can fit almost any LARP game you can find.
Wear this Kite Shield left-handed with the use of two leather arm straps on the back, secured through hard EVA foam for a reliable and solid grip made to last. Feel confident that this latex shield will withstand the continued abuse of a LARP with regular latex maintenance.
- Also referred to as a “kite” shield, originally from the 10th-12th centuries
- Associated with the Normans, who were the first to use this style of shield widely
- Made from non-splintering wood, such as alder, fir, poplar, or linden
- Strong latex coating on hard EVA foam, which does not flex in combat
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is made of EVA foam and soft leather for a firm grip
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated products need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex shield in a cool, dry environment. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your shield from adhering to other products.