Your look out upon your troops, staring into the faces of the soldiers who may never return. Their blood is on your hands already, and it is a responsibility you hold with a heavy, but resigned heart.
“We must fight,” you shout for them all to hear. You are a mighty figure with your armour and Defender sword, a symbol to strike confidence in these soldiers. “For our homes and for our families, we will fight until we can fight no more!” With a resounding cheer, your troops ready themselves for the charge.
The battle has begun.
This Ready For Battle Defender is a rich looking fantasy sword of medium size. It is 75 cm long from pommel to point, with a short ricasso near the crossguard meant to protect the fingers from being sliced during certain historical sword maneuvers. The blade is superbly balanced with a 15th century Italian-inspired pommel and an ergonomic handle below a butterfly shaped crossguard. The handle is sculpted and handpainted to appear like leather, but does not require leather care.
Ready For Battle weapons are moderately styled and cost-effective weapons that are perfect for new and young players. This RFB Defender is one of our hybrid models, featuring a handle cast in polyurethane foam that allows for greater detail and no maintenance. The blade is made from closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating.
- Also referred to as a “Knightly sword” or “arming sword”
- Designed so that the center of mass was closer to the hilt, improving its maneuverability
- Typically used with a shield or buckler
- Blade has a strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Blade is made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is a polyurethane foam cast, giving it more detail with no maintenance!
- Handle is very durable, will last longer than a latex version, and is less slippery than a silicone treated alternative
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
This hybrid weapon’s handle does not require any special maintenance, while the blade has a latex coating which needs a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis, taking care not to apply the spray to the handle by first wrapping it in plastic-wrap. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your weapon flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapon in a cool, dry environment.