The wasteland is harsh and unforgiving, and your RFB Choppa sword is a reflection of the hard-bitten wanderer the years have made you.
Unrefined, unpretentious, and simple, your weapon is an extension of yourself. Both of you are always ready to chop desiccated wood or slice raider flesh, whatever it takes to eke out a living in your new world.
Epic Armoury’s Ready for Battle Choppa is a rugged latex sword perfectly suited for warrior brutes and warlords alike. This 75 cm long medium sword has a blade sculpted and handpainted to appear badly damaged and scarred. The blade is attached to a handle designed to look like rough wood, connected to the blade using leather ties.
Ready For Battle weapons are moderately styled and cost-effective weapons that are perfect for new and young players. This RFB Choppa is one of our hybrid models, featuring a handle cast in polyurethane foam that allows for greater detail and no maintenance. The blade is made from closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating. Match this weapon with the Orc Short Sword or the vicious Cutter for a dangerous appearance.
- Earliest references to orcs are found in Old English and Anglo-Saxon sources, such as in Beowulf and in 16th century Italian folktales
- The word itself stems from the Latin word Orcus, which was the name given to the Roman deity of the dead
- J.R.R. Tolkien’s 20th century The Lord of the Rings series describes orcs as brutish, aggressive beings with a taste for human flesh
- Tolkien’s writings influenced many role-playing games, and are now seen in such games as Dungeons and Dragons, Warhammer and Warcraft
- Blade has a strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Blade is made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is a polyurethane foam cast, giving it more detail with no maintenance!
- Handle is very durable, will last longer than a latex version, and is less slippery than a silicone treated alternative
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
This hybrid weapon’s handle does not require any special maintenance, while the blade has a latex coating which needs a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis, taking care not to apply the spray to the handle by first wrapping it in plastic-wrap. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your weapon flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapon in a cool, dry environment.