The true master of the Rapier is one who need not kill their opponent, but simply display expertise and domination in a duel. This is how you like to fight, your elegant weapon an extension of your own arm.
You demonstrate your skill with a flourish and a side step, causing your opponent to stumble. Your next trick? Disarming them.
Epic Armoury’s Rapier is a long latex sword inspired by European medieval weapons. The sword is 100 cm long and has a straight double-edged blade with a central ridge. The crossguard curves toward the blade to trap incoming strikes, protecting a 10 cm detailed handle with metal embellishments and real leather wrapped around the grip.
Whether you are a nobleman or a valiant musketeer, this Rapier is our highest quality gear due to its impressive durability and detail. The blade is made from closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, while the handle is a polyurethane foam cast that allows for greater detail and no maintenance. This next generation model sword will make you confident in the safety and appeal of your weapon on the battlefield.
- A sword optimized for thrusting, but could also be used for cutting and slashing
- Typically considered to be a long, narrow bladed sword with a protective hilt
- Usually paired with a buckler, dagger, sword, or cloak
- Blade has a strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Blade is made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is a polyurethane foam cast, giving it more detail with no maintenance!
- Handle is very durable, will last longer than a latex version, and is less slippery than a silicone treated alternative
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
This hybrid weapon’s handle does not require any special maintenance, while the blade has a latex coating which needs a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis, taking care not to apply the spray to the handle by first wrapping it in plastic-wrap. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your weapon flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapon in a cool, dry environment.