Wherever you may roam and wander, your Ranger Sword is always by your side. Where you lay your head is home, and with your trusty steel by your side, you are always safe.
Your sword has seen you through countless battles, lain upon hundreds of stones, and been the last thing many orcs have ever seen. A ranger’s life is a hard one, but with a good sword at your side, it will always be yours.
Epic Armoury’s Ranger Sword is a 60 cm short latex-hybrid sword inspired by medieval weapons and fantasy lore alike. The crossguard features an intricate curved design that protects a leather-like grip. This grip, wide by the crossguard and narrow toward the golden “scent stopper” pommel, is ergonomic in your hand.
Whether you are an elven scout or a rugged ranger, this Ranger Sword is one of our highest quality products due to its impressive durability and detail. The blade is made from closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, while the handle is a polyurethane foam cast that allows for greater detail and no maintenance. This hybrid model sword will give you confidence in the safety and appeal of your weapon on the battlefield.
- Considered to be a long knife and is similar in size and shape to a thrusting dagger called a dirk
- Used as a personal sidearm by officers
- The pommel design is called a “scent stopper” design, popular in the 16th century
- Blade has a strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Blade is made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is a polyurethane foam cast, giving it more detail with no maintenance!
- Handle is very durable, will last longer than a latex version, and is less slippery than a silicone treated alternative
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
This hybrid weapon’s handle does not require any special maintenance, while the blade has a latex coating which needs a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis, taking care not to apply the spray to the handle by first wrapping it in plastic-wrap. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your weapon flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapon in a cool, dry environment.