As your grandaddy once preached, give a fool a pike and he’ll defeat a trained, but foolish horseman. Give a trained fool a pike, and you’ve just defeated an army.
With this in mind, you decided to become a master of the Pike Pole. No one on horseback or any weapon of short stature dare run you down for fear of their lives. Your grandaddy would be proud.
Epic Armoury’s Pike Pole is a 90cm spear designed for infantry, inspired by both the glaive and pike. It features a long bladed spearhead with a clawed spike, sculpted and hand painted to look like real metal. The head is actually made of soft foam, reinforced with a harder foam core. It attaches to the hand painted shaft, textured to look like dark wood. The grip is shorter to allow for better close combat.
Made from durable closed cell foam around a solid 10 mm fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, your new LARP spear will provide the safety and appeal you want when crafting your Defiant kit.
- A true pike would feature a spearhead without a blade or claw
- Pikes and bladed spears often competed in length to outmatch opponents
- Was not historically great in close combat, but this version has been shortened to be more wieldy on the battlefield
- Strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated weapons need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex weapons flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapons in a cool, dry environment.