A Powerful Chopping BladeEpic Armoury’s Panabas is a 140 cm long LARP sword inspired by the southern Philippines. Featuring a forward curving 75 cm latex blade, the Panabas is a tribal weapon that is great for your Ruinous character! Handmade and hand painted to look like real metal and wood, it is made out of soft EVA foam around a 12 mm solid fibreglass rod core--chosen for its durability and safety. It is coated with latex for its smooth appearance and to minimize shredding.
The Panabas is sculpted to look like a long, axe-like blade that has been heavily notched from war. The 37 cm handle grip is textured like a real wooden staff, with the suggestion of leather binds around its ends. It’s perfect for orcs and barbarians of all sorts.
Inspired by Filipino History
- A unique weapon unique to the southern Philippines
- The real weapon ranged in size, and produced a cleaver-like wound
- The hilt was often made from hard narra wood and wrapped in braided rattan
- Strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated weapons need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex weapons flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapons in a cool, dry environment.