Your Long Yari was handed to you by your master many years ago. It was a bittersweet moment for you, because while it meant you overcame all obstacles in your training, it also meant it was time to set out on your own.
You find the handle comforting, your hand finding its usual well-worn grip. You look beyond the campfire where a fresh fish now cooks, sizzling in the heat, looking to the flickering shadows along the treeline. You have the sense that tonight you and your spear may once again be tested as you hear the unmistakable snap of a twig, your grip tightening in anticipation.
Epic Armoury’s Long Yari is an incredible 255 cm latex polearm inspired by the weapon that served as the backbone of feudal Japan’s infantry. Over half a meter taller than its regular Yari cousin, this Long Yari version will provide more reach on the battlefield than ever before. This spear is handpainted and sculpted, and the finished result is a beautiful weapon with a long double-edged spearhead. A short golden ricasso attaches the spearhead to a black-lacquered and gold trimmed pole inspired by Asian design.
Made from durable closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, you can feel confident that your LARP weapon will provide the safety and appeal you want when crafting your kit.
- A form of the spear has been used for hunting for at least 400,000 years
- Spears were the most common form of weaponry during the Stone Age, and remained popular until firearms were introduced
- Considered a traditional weapon of Japan that was relatively easy to use and manufacture
- The martial art of wielding a yari is called sojutsu
- Strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated weapons need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex weapons flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapons in a cool, dry environment.