You’ve done it. You’ve finally earned the title of a King’s Guard, charged with personally defending the king. The honor was bestowed upon you for the countless hours training, sweating and bleeding to become one of the best soldiers in the kingdom.
Naturally this means that you’ve been granted a Kingsguard Halberd, a mark of your station. With a gleaming, matching set of armour, you stand proud by His Majesty’s throne.
Epic Armoury’s Kingsguard Halberd is a 190 cm latex poleaxe inspired by a weapon commonly used during the late medieval period. The Kingsguard Halberd’s axe-like head has a 47 cm blade for chopping, a long spear for piercing, and a claw-like spike for grappling. The axe-head is hand painted and sculpted to appear realistic, detailed with golden carved vines to give it a rich, royal appearance.
Made from durable closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, you can feel confident that your Kingsguard Halberd LARP weapon will provide the safety and appeal you want when crafting your kit.
- Prominent during the 14th- and 15th centuries
- Term comes from the German words Halm (staff) and Barte (axe)
- Typically designed to keep mounted troops at a distance, but was considered versatile
- Spikes were added to the polearm's head to grapple mounted opponents
- Strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated weapons need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex weapons flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapons in a cool, dry environment.