The best made blades are forged by the most skilled swordsmiths, the metal worked with such precision and care that the edge can cut through flesh so cleanly that a person might not even know they are dead.
You have commissioned a swordsmith to craft you a Katana. Before he is paid you want to be certain it is a properly made blade, and so you conduct a test. You produce a silken sheet, allowing it to descend lightly onto the Katana’s edge. The sheet is cut cleanly, not a thread mismatched.
The blade is perfect.
Epic Armoury’s Katana is a latex-hybrid longsword favoured by both deadly ninja assassins and samurai alike. The sword is 85 cm from tip to pommel with a 55 cm straight, single-edged blade, handpainted to look like real metal. A small oval crossguard protects the 20 cm handle, cast and painted to look like fabric bound in menuki-style.
Whether you are a samurai or ninja, this Katana is our highest quality gear due to its impressive durability and detail. The blade is made from closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, while the handle is a polyurethane foam cast that allows for greater detail and no maintenance. This hybrid model sword will make you confident in the safety and appeal of your weapon on the battlefield.
- Traditionally used by samurai of feudal Japan
- Designed to be drawn from the sheath quickly to accommodate combat that required fast response times
- Paired with a tanto or wakizashi by samurai to display social power and personal honor
- Blade has a strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Blade is made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is a polyurethane foam cast, giving it more detail with no maintenance!
- Handle is very durable, will last longer than a latex version, and is less slippery than a silicone treated alternative
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
This hybrid weapon’s handle does not require any special maintenance, while the blade has a latex coating which needs a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis, taking care not to apply the spray to the handle by first wrapping it in plastic-wrap. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your weapon flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapon in a cool, dry environment.