You are laughing too loud. You realize it must be scaring your enemy, because no one wants to face you on the frontline anymore. They think you are crazed. Maybe you are, because the adrenaline of being in a battle has left you feeling drunk with exhilaration.
If no one will come to you, it’s time to bring the fight to them! One poor soldier desperately strikes at you, but your Ironshood Shield deflects his attempt easily. You see the terror in his eyes as your laugh fills the field and you bring the strength of your axe down upon him.
You are Raynor Ironshood. Let them fear you. Let them all fear you.
The Epic Armoury Ironshood Shield is a round latex shield inspired by early pre-10th century vikings and Saxons. With a wooden texture and wood and iron paint finish, this shield is sure to impress your fellow warriors on the battlefield. Featuring a reliable and comfortable punch-grip, feel confident that this hard EVA foam and latex shield will withstand the continued abuse of a LARP with regular latex maintenance. Defend against your enemies and make this Ironshood Shield a part of your epic fighting style.
- Round wooden style was predominantly used in the early European Middle Ages using light, non-splintering wood such as linden, fir, alder or poplar
- Iron rim was sometimes used as a way to reinforce the shield
- Used the “Shield Boss”--the round, convex piece of material at the centre of the shield--to deflect blows
- Strong latex coating on hard EVA foam, which does not flex in combat
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is made of EVA foam and soft leather for a firm grip
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated products need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex shield in a cool, dry environment. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your shield from adhering to other products.