That Which Shows the Way
Epic Armoury’s Vegvisir Iarla Shield is a 70 cm round latex shield that will be your companion to the furthest shores and back. You fear no storm or rising tide with your Iarla Shield at your side! Inspired by early Vikings and Saxons, this Live Action Role Play (LARP) safe shield is carved from EVA foam to look like true wood. Coated in a layer of durable latex, it features a wood grain texture on both the front and back--something that makes this shield truly unique and perfect for a truly immersive look. You can even find small sculpted nails hammered into the braces, because attention to detail is so important.
This shield has been hand painted, with white paint decorating its face in an Icelandic design intended to help you on your path. Its slight convex shape and the metallic-painted boss on the front provides an edge in combat, and its reliable punch-grip fits comfortably in your hand thanks to its suede wrap and shape. Keep your shield in great condition with regular latex maintenance.
Available in 70 cm and 80 cm sizes.
The Viking Compass
- Iarla is the Irish word for ‘Earl,’ which makes it perfect for higher ranking warriors in your tribe
- Vegvísir is an Icelandic word for ‘wayfinder’ and is a magical symbol that--when carried--meant that you would never lose your way in bad weather
- The Shield Boss--the round, convex piece of material at the centre of the shield--was used to deflect blows
- Round wooden style was predominantly used in the early European Middle Ages using light, non-splintering wood such as linden, fir, alder or poplar
- Strong latex coating on hard EVA foam, which does not flex in combat
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is made of EVA foam and soft leather for a firm grip
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated products need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex shield in a cool, dry environment. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your shield from adhering to other products.