The color of red flies true through the air, streaking behind the razor thin edge of your Guandao. Like a knife through butter, you watch your blade move through your target. It falls into two distinct pieces at your feet.
Your master barks his approval. Without rest you continue, the red scrap of fabric tied to your weapon allowing you to test your strike quality and speed. The damage against the next target is just as clean and rewarding.
Epic Armoury’s Guandao is a 170 cm latex polearm inspired by Chinese martial arts. Similar to a Japanese naginata or a European glaive, this guandao features a large 69 cm blade and 80 cm long staff. Hand painted and sculpted, the finished result is a beautiful weapon with a long single-edged spearhead. Sculpted golden details give additional character where the spearhead meets the red leather wrapped pole. Add a ring or a scrap of fabric through the hole in the blade to set it apart from the crowd.
Made from durable closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, you can feel confident that your Guandao LARP weapon will provide the safety and appeal you want when crafting your kit.
- A form of the spear has been used for hunting for at least 400,000 years
- Spears were the most common form of weaponry during the Stone Age, and remained popular until firearms were introduced
- In Chinese, the guandao is properly called a yanyuedao
- Rings secured through the back edge of the blade are used in modern martial arts so that students can determine strike and thrust quality
- Strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated weapons need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex weapons flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapons in a cool, dry environment.