There are stories being told about you amongst the soldiers. You are the mercenary who has slain over a thousand men. You put fear in your enemies with one sweep of your weapon. Your aura of darkness freezes the hearts of anyone who looks you in the eye. And your favorite? Someone is saying you made a deal with a devil so that you may never die.
You strap your armour over your Warrior Gambeson, preparing for battle. You will never tell them which stories might be true, but they can see for themselves your battle prowess once you step onto the field and dominate once more.
Epic Armoury’s Desert Beige Warrior Gambeson is a padded long-sleeve coat covering the torso from neck, down over the hips on front and back. It can be worn on its own or serve as essential padding under mail or armour. The gambeson is donned like a jacket and closed on the front with five leather straps and brass buckles, allowing the wearer to customize the tightness of the fit. The arms are easily detachable by untying its cotton cords on the shoulders and sleeves, each cord secured through long-lasting brass eyelets.
Thick enough to serve as its own armour, this sturdy gambeson is constructed with heavy layers of fluffed polyester sandwiched between layers of heavy tan cotton twill. All these layers are stitched together in vertical lines, keeping the padding in place and mimicking a classic European high-medieval style.
Though of European cut, gambeson or quilted-style armours have seen world-wide use since antediluvian times, making the Warrior Gambeson a great basic armour with a range of possibilities regardless of time and place.
Available in Natural, Desert Beige, Epic Black and Brown; and in sizes Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, XX-Large, 3X-Large and 4X-Large.
- Quilted armours have been around since at least 400 BCE
- Used as padding under chainmail or plate armour
- Historically, a high-medieval European gambeson was recorded as being capable of stopping sword blows from penetrating the skin
- Could stop heavy arrows and mace and axe impacts with the addition of overlaying chainmail
- Specific style often worn by freemen, mercenaries, and other independent warriors
- This product is made of Twill, a diagonally woven fabric similar to denim.
- Made of 100% cotton
- Padding is made of polyester
- Measurements are approximations and may vary.
Machine wash at 30°C / 86°F. Please make sure to wash it once before use in order to make sure that remaining dye will be removed from the product. It is advised to wash with similar coloured clothes to reduce the risk of dye imprint. Tumble dry on low heat, but be aware that it might shrink up to 5%. For general stains or discoloration, treat with a commercial fabric cleaner, or blot with tepid water and a soft cloth.