Forget about size: Epic Armoury’s Fencing Buckler is light and maneuverable in hand-to-hand combat, and combined with a sword or rapier it is a simple yet effective weapon, if used with the right techniques. The buckler has many uses; ‘blind-out’ the position of your sword hand, and make it difficult for your opponent to guess, what your next move is; or ‘bind’ your opponent’s sword hand against their body. Use this hard EVA foam and latex shield left- or right-handed with the split-leather wrapped punch grip hidden behind the shield boss, and feel confident that it will withstand the continued abuse of a LARP with regular maintenance.The buckler goes well with Epic Armoury’s Sovereign range of products, for instance the Squire Sword or the Rapier and can be used by a wide range of characters such as dashing knights, valiant soldiers or fancy Renaissance fencing-duellers. With its utilitarian design, you can make this Fencing Buckler a trust-worthy central piece when crafting your character’s kit.
Available in colours Metal, Dark Metal and Gold
- The buckler was first and foremost a military tool used in war by both soldiers and knights
- A buckler could amongst many other techniques be used as a ‘Metal Fist’ to directly attack your opponent by punching him
- Strong latex coating on hard EVA foam, which does not flex in combat
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is made of EVA foam and soft leather for a firm grip
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated products need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.Store your latex shield in a cool, dry environment. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your shield from adhering to other products.