The elves are going to war against the dwarves, and as a frontline fighter you are expected to carry a shield with your city’s heraldry. You are a proud people, and as such your uniform and weaponry are in prime condition.
Carrying your blue Elf Shield into battle, it will be up to you to defend your expert archers from the brutish attacks of the dwarves. They are inelegant and clumsy, and you intend to keep them back easily with some clever maneuvering.
Epic Armoury’s Blue Elf Shield is a large 120 cm long shield inspired by historical kite and tower shields, but given an elven flair. A hand painted blue field on the shield provides great contrast to the white and gold winged heraldry. The rim is detailed to look like smooth golden wood, curved and elegant to match the elves’ natural grace.
Wear this Elf Shield vertically, horizontally, or diagonally with the use of a versatile T-grip on the back, secured through hard EVA foam for a reliable and solid grip made to last. Feel confident that this latex shield will withstand the continued abuse of a LARP with regular latex maintenance.
- Curved upper corner is a simplified form of a bouche, which improves the knight’s view
- Elves were originally a creation of Germanic mythology and folklore
- Elves have been considered to be a magical creature with supernatural beauty, but this definition has varied throughout history
- J.R.R. Tolkien’s 20th century writings on the “Middle Earth Elf” has influenced how elves are seen today in the high-fantasy genre
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated weapons need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex weapons flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapons in a cool, dry environment.