You have traveled an impossible distance in search of the dragon’s lair, and now you stand before its entrance. You can feel the heat radiating from inside and smell the sulfur. This will be the greatest battle of your life.
You pull your Crusader sword from its sheath and continue forward to meet your destiny. Whether you succeed or fail, you will go forth with the confidence of a seasoned knight.
Epic Armoury’s Crusader is a long latex-hybrid sword inspired by European medieval sidearms. The sword is 100 cm long and has a 85 cm straight double-edged blade with a long fuller. The crossguard features an intricate engraving design and protects a grip that narrows toward the matching pommel.
Whether you are a valorous knight or a paladin of great repute, this Crusader is one of our highest quality products due to its impressive durability and detail. The blade is made from closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, while the handle is a polyurethane foam cast that allows for greater detail and no maintenance. This hybrid model sword will give you confidence in the safety and appeal of your weapon on the battlefield.
- Commonly referred to as a “broadsword,” which is actually a historically incorrect term
- Inspired by the two-handed longsword of the late medieval and Renaissance era, but with a slightly shorter blade
- Blade has a strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Blade is made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is a polyurethane foam cast, giving it more detail with no maintenance!
- Handle is very durable, will last longer than a latex version, and is less slippery than a silicone treated alternative
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
This hybrid weapon’s handle does not require any special maintenance, while the blade has a latex coating which needs a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis, taking care not to apply the spray to the handle by first wrapping it in plastic-wrap. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your weapon flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapon in a cool, dry environment.