CaliCON 2022 Highlights
On Oct. 29th 2022, Calimacil’s CaliCON welcomed guests once more. Held at Calimacil’s workshop in Sherbrooke, it featured several local manufacturers of handmade goods, local organisations and businesses relevant to immersive games and the use of foam weapons, fantastic costumes and products from big names such as Calimacil, Epic Armoury and Mytholon.
The CaliCON is a LARP convention organized and hosted by Calimacil that showcases craftspeople, community leaders and creators that contribute enhancing LARP games and immersive experiences. It aims to bring together the LARP community, attract new faces to this enchanting universe and create networking opportunities.
Initially built to cultivate deeper relationships with and between Calimacil’s partners, it has since evolved and its doors are now open to all. Now, attendees get the chance to step behind the curtain and explore behind the LARPing scenes, getting to meet organizations and businesses that help breathe life into the hobby.
There's little we love more than hosting the CaliCON every year and adding more and more as we move forward. Here are a few notable highlights of the 2022 edition:
- Launched our official showroom occupying the front of the building;
- Held live broadcast of panels and new CaliCON Awards ceremony;
- Held special workshops to build and paint your own custom sword;
- Hosted the launch of Le Souffle d'Odin, an educative and immersive game;
- Had an outdoor combat practice area overseen by Les Camps Légendaires.