Before the invaders came, you and your tribe made tools using sharpened stone. Now that the strange people have brought with them metal, you have upgraded your tools and weaponry. The edge of your new Tomahawk gleams in the light of your campfire.
At first the newcomers were generous with their trades for food, but you grow suspicious of their intent. You and your fellow warriors prepare your new weapons should the need arise to defend your home.
Epic Armoury’s Tomahawk is a 56cm one-handed axe inspired by the Native American weapon resembling a hatchet. These weapons were both used as a tool and throwing axe (although we do not recommend throwing this one!), and also as a general hand-to-hand combat weapon. It has a 22 cm long axe-head with an 8 cm tall blade, hand painted to look like real metal, notched with wear. The head is actually made of soft foam, reinforced with a harder foam core. It attaches to the realistic 45 cm grip which is hand painted and sculpted to look like real wood grain. The grip has also been sculpted to look like it’s been decoratively notched with arrow marks.
Made from durable closed cell foam around a solid fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, your new LARP axe will provide the safety and appeal you want when crafting your Defiant kit.
- The first hafted axe was created about 6,000 B.C. using birch-tar and raw-hide lashings to fix the blade to its handle
- Many battle axes doubled as tools and were cheaper to make than swords
- The word tomahawk comes from the Powhatan word tamahaac, which means "to cut off by tool"
- Originally made from stone, later using metal introduced by early Europeans
- Strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated weapons need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex weapons flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapons in a cool, dry environment.