The forest is serene this morning as you head out along the trails. Birds are singing and the weather is crisp, perfect for working without breaking too much of a sweat. But as you approach the dead tree you’d marked the day before, you believe you hear something in the underbrush.
Your calloused, strong hand wraps around the handle of your Ready for Battle Axe. The edge is freshly sharpened, and you’re ready to defend yourself from any beast that you might find--relieved as a neighbor’s dog comes bounding out from a bush, instead.
Back to work.
Epic Armoury’s Ready for Battle Axe is a classic latex war axe that will serve a rural warrior, homestead defender or Viking raider equally well. The 60 cm axe has a 55 cm wooden handle and a large rectangular axe head. The head is 12 cm long from bite to handle, with a 15 cm curved edge.
Use this axe with a shield for a Celtic or Viking look. Made from durable closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, you can feel confident that your LARP weapon will provide the safety and appeal you want when crafting your kit.
- Many battle axes doubled as tools and were cheaper to make than swords
- Also referred to as a splitting axe or carpenter’s axe depending on the axe’s head shape and its use
- First hafted axe was created about 6,000 B.C. using birch-tar and raw-hide lashings to fix the blade to its handle
- Strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated weapons need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex weapons flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapons in a cool, dry environment.