Your work is dirty, bloody and harsh. You don’t need the best; it’s beyond your pay. You just need sturdy, serviceable and durable.
Solid steel is better than adornment, and while your gear shows years of wear, it still works just as well as the day you bought it. Your Footman Sword might be plain, but when you’ve shoved it into the other guy, yours is the only opinion that matters.
Epic Armoury’s Footman Sword is a medium latex-hybrid sword inspired by medieval weapons and fantasy lore alike. The sword is 85 cm long and has a 62 cm blade with a long fuller. The crossguard features a subtle curved design that protects a 13 cm grip. This grip, designed to look like real leather, is ergonomic and ends with a “scent stopper” pommel.
Whether you are a common soldier or a secluded wanderer, this Footman Sword is one of our highest quality products due to its impressive durability and detail. The blade is made from closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, while the handle is a polyurethane foam cast that allows for greater detail and no maintenance. This hybrid model sword will give you confidence in the safety and appeal of your weapon on the battlefield.
- Also referred to as a “Knightly sword” or “arming sword”
- Designed so that the center of mass was closer to the hilt, improving its maneuverability
- Typically used with a shield or buckler
- The pommel design is called a “scent stopper” design, common from the mid 14th- through the 16th-century
- Blade has a strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Blade is made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is a polyurethane foam cast, giving it more detail with no maintenance!
- Handle is very durable, will last longer than a latex version, and is less slippery than a silicone treated alternative
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
This hybrid weapon’s handle does not require any special maintenance, while the blade has a latex coating which needs a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis, taking care not to apply the spray to the handle by first wrapping it in plastic-wrap. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your weapon flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapon in a cool, dry environment.