This Dwarven, Single Edged sword will cleave through any foe. This foam sword possesses a unique cleaver like latex blade and has a magnificent hard foam hilt for optimum control. Make this foam longsword part of your arsenal and feel the strength of a dwarven forged weapon.
The blade is made from closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, while the handle is a polyurethane foam cast that allows for greater detail and no maintenance. This hybrid model sword will make you confident in the safety and appeal of your weapon on the battlefield.
- Inspired by Dwarves, a German mythological creature that dwells deep in the earth
- Dwarves are associated with wisdom, smithing, mining, and crafting
- The modern term dwarf descends from the Old English word dweorg
- A fuller, or the groove that runs the length of the blade, was added to weapons to lighten the blade while adding structural strength
- Blade has a strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Blade is made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is a polyurethane foam cast, giving it more detail with no maintenance!
- Handle is very durable, will last longer than a latex version, and is less slippery than a silicone treated alternative
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
This hybrid weapon’s polyurethane handle does not require any special maintenance.
Latex Blade Care
This LARP weapon’s blade has a latex coating which needs a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis, taking care not to apply the spray to the handle by first wrapping it in plastic-wrap. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your weapon flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapon in a cool, dry environment.