To serve your lord, you are prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice. Upon the battlefield you await the coming violence, looking out upon the thousands at your side and the thousands more who stand opposed. You may very well die this day, but you have every intention of taking out a hundred soldiers before you do.
Your lord strides along the battlelines, shouting encouragement. Your Churburg Armour glints in the sunlight as he finally gives the call to charge--and with that decisive shout the battle begins.
Epic Armoury’s Churburg Armour is a simple low-fantasy piece of armour protecting the front and back of the torso and abdomen. The plate rests at the waist and is sculpted to fit the body and add structural strength to the steel. This steel riveted piece has been treated with Epic Armoury's Epic Dark Metal coat to give the armour a rugged, antique finish.
The Churburg Armour is embellished with a wide ‘V’ on the front to deflect attacks away from the head. It is fully usable with Epic Armoury’s other metal work products, giving you the freedom to customize your character’s costume. Made of 1 mm thick galvanized mild steel and top-grain leather straps and fittings, this armour piece is built to withstand the abuse of a LARP or reenactment with regular leather and metal armour care.
Available in sizes Medium/Large and X-Large/XX-Large; and in colours Polished Steel and Epic Dark.
- Loosely based on the Churburg #13 breastplate, a historically famous armour set from the 14th century
- Historical inspiration was considered a “transitional” breastplate, meant to be worn with a lot of chainmail
- Our version is much bigger than the original, protecting the entire chest
- Made from 1mm thick mild steel
- Rolled edges with no sharp edges
- Straps and fittings made from top-grain leather
- Adjustable ductile steel flanks for closer body-fit
- Hand made, welded pieces for maximal durability
- Epic Dark oxidization resistant coating