There is a measure of confidence a lord must carry with him when preparing his troops for battle. For you, that confidence is found the moment you hold your two-handed sword, Baal. Specially made to reflect your Celtic roots, it reminds you of the nation you are responsible to protect.
Your men have come to see your weapon as a symbol of power. When you raise it high into the air, they let forth a cheer of the same confidence you feel down into your bones. You will fight well today. You will win glory for your home and your people.
Epic Armoury’s Baal is a beautiful two-handed sword with variable grip and an extra long blade. From tip to pommel, the Baal spans a massive 140 cm, including a 100 cm long center ridged blade with a leather wrapped ricasso for half-swording techniques integral to longsword fighting in close quarters. The blade can be used with both hands on the handle, or with one hand shifted up onto the ricasso for improved control and greater maneuvering speed.
The Baal sword has a V-shaped crossguard decorated with diamond patterns, protecting the 32 cm handle wrapped in split-leather. The grip is ergonomic to give you the best possible control of the lengthy blade. The pentagonal pommel is designed to match the crossguard.
This Baal sword has been designed to fit medieval or fantasy genres with a realistic look that will fit knights and other elite warriors looking for a powerful, stylish edge. Made from durable closed cell foam around a solid fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, you can feel confident that your LARP weapon will provide the safety and appeal you want when crafting your battlefield kit.
Available in Gold, Silver, or Copper.
- Inspired by a Prince of Hell by the name of Baal, said to be Satan’s main assistant
- Baal is also a term used for Lord, and is at times synonymous with God
- Two-handed swords were not common until after the 13th century, gaining popularity as an infantry weapon in the 15th and 16th centuries
- Also referred to as a Zweihänder (lit. Two-Hander)
- Soldiers who trained to use these swords were called Meister des langen Schwertes (lit. Master of the Long Sword)
- Required the use of two hands to wield, and was so long that it had to be carried without a sheath on the shoulder like a halberd
- Strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
All latex-coated weapons need a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your latex weapons flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapons in a cool, dry environment.