You assume the bandits are going to kill you when they realize no one is going to pay an Adventurer’s ransom, but for now they leave you tied up in the cellar of an old farmhouse. They took your weapon. Worst of all they took your pride...but they did not take your uncanny ability to wiggle out of ropes!
Free at last, you scan the old cellar for something useful. That’s when you spot a Kite Shield in the corner. The dust suggests that it’s been there for a while, but upon inspection you can see that the wood and metal rim are still good. The grip is solid in your hand and for the first time you have a small hope that with this added defense you might be able to muscle your way out of this situation after all!
This Ready-For-Battle Kite Shield is a semi-curved, kite-shield inspired by 10th to 12th century Normans. Finished with a black body and a golden rim, this shield will fit perfectly in the hands of an adventurer or infantryman. While the design is simple, this Kite Shield is timeless and classic, and can fit almost any LARP game you can find.
Wear this Kite Shield left-handed with the use of two leather arm straps on the back, secured through hard EVA foam for a reliable and solid grip made to last. Feel confident that this latex shield will withstand the continued abuse of a LARP with regular latex maintenance.
- Also referred to as a “kite” shield, originally from the 10th-12th centuries
- Associated with the Normans, who were the first to use this style of shield widely
- Made from non-splintering wood, such as alder, fir, poplar, or linden
- Strong latex coating on hard EVA foam, which does not flex in combat
- Made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is made of EVA foam and soft leather for a firm grip
- High safety, approved by the top organizations