You hold the legendary Viridian Jian in your hands, feelings its power course through your body. You had to traverse great obstacles and defeat dangerous monsters to find this weapon deep within the earth--just as it was foretold.
Now that you have your treasure, you must find a way home in order to save your kingdom from peril. However, the awakening of the Virdian Jian has stirred something else inside these dark halls. You hear something massive approaching and you ready your epic blade.
Epic Armoury’s Viridian Jian is a slender and elegant latex-hybrid weapon inspired by Chinese tradition. The sword is 100 cm long and features a blade designed to look like rough hewn, glowing green stone. The small crossguard is 9 cm wide and oval shaped, protecting the 13 cm handle, cast and painted to look like green lacquered wood and metal carvings.
This Jian sword is our highest quality gear due to its impressive durability and detail. The blade is made from closed cell foam around a fibreglass core and finished with a strong latex coating, while the handle is a polyurethane foam cast that allows for greater detail and no maintenance. This hybrid model sword will make you confident in the safety and appeal of your weapon on the battlefield.
- Used for the last 2,500 years in China
- Known as “The Gentleman of Weapons,” wielded by the famous Sun Jian who defended the Empire of Ancient China
- Used by practitioners referred to as jianke
- Blade has a strong latex coating with a round fibreglass core
- Strong Kevlar core tip protection
- Blade is made from durable closed cell foam that does not shred
- Handle is a polyurethane foam cast, giving it more detail with no maintenance!
- Handle is very durable, will last longer than a latex version, and is less slippery than a silicone treated alternative
- High safety, approved by the top organizations
This hybrid weapon’s handle does not require any special maintenance, while the blade has a latex coating which needs a certain degree of maintenance. For this we recommend using maintenance silicone, which can be purchased separately in the LARP Accessories section. Epic Armoury Maintenance Silicone is an easy, spray-on application, 100% pure and acid-free making it safe to apply. We recommend using Maintenance Silicone on a regular basis, taking care not to apply the spray to the handle by first wrapping it in plastic-wrap. It maintains the latex-coat’s flexibility and prevents it from drying out, keeping the product wear and tear resistant.
Store your weapon flat or on its pommel--NEVER on its tip. Use a simple sheet or towel lining to prevent it from touching a plastic or rubber surface to prevent your weapon from adhering to other products. Keep your weapon in a cool, dry environment.